About the Association
The Ethiopian Coffee Exporters Association, established in March 1969, is the first association in the agro-industrial field to promote the Ethiopian coffee in the global market.
The Association, as a trade association, brings together willing coffee exporting members to accomplish what cannot be done single handedly. Like any trade association, it is assumed to engage in lobbying and guiding government regulation of the coffee industry; developing standards and best practices in export trading; providing education and professional development for those employed in the industry; promoting the coffee product to the public; and acting as a watchdog for the negative impression of the coffee industry.
ECEA embraces over 160 members representing over 80% of the Ethiopia's coffee exporters with over 96% market share of the Ethiopian coffee export. As a trade association which has been in the business for over four decades, it is the authentic coffee industry leader vested with the prime responsibility of promoting the Ethiopian coffee export.
Its major objectives include, among others,
- coordinating coffee exporters with the objective to secure the utmost benefit by increasing both the quality and quantity of coffee export;
- expanding the coffee export sector in collaboration with pertinent public stakeholders;
- assisting the promotion of Ethiopian coffee and its industry in the international market;
- providing the necessary services so as to support and encourage the coffee market and export activities;
- creating awareness on issues that are raised between members and stakeholders; and among ECEA members;
- resolving issues and problems that emerge among members of the association;
- disseminating coffee industry information to members;
- providing training and hold seminars on coffee transactions, quality and agronomy; and
- participating in coffee standardization, handling, marketing and storage activities as well as improving the transport of coffee.